Plus—Exclusive Report: Top 100 College ValuesRead More
Experts disagree on what constitutes success.Read More
June 30, 2015—JetBlue’s new fare plans make official what had been announced in 2014: The airline now charges for checked luggage.
June 26, 2015—For those who just can’t wait to get their hands on the latest, greatest smartphone, T-Mobile USA says “don’t.”
June 25, 2015—Alfa Romeo has taken the wraps off its latest vehicle—a luxury sedan that has power to burn.
June 23, 2015—Seven months after Amazon debuted the Echo, which is a hands-free digital assistant and smart speaker, the online retailer extended its invitation to everyone.
Ride-sharing services claim to be more convenient than taxis are, but issues remain.
Many experts say e-cigs are less harmful than tobacco cigarettes are, but no independent research has studied the issue.
How Doctors Are Courted By Drugmakers
Don't rely on marketing claims that the facilities tout.
- Car Smart
- Can the gas station come to you? • Verizon Vehicle vs. OnStar • Toyota testing power units for hybrids • Rate increases vary by ZIP code • See All
- Consumer Alert
- Credit cards No. 1 scam payment method • Scammers mascarading as payday-loan providers • The (f)utility of it all • Ten mobile games that could damage your device • See All
- Healthy Living
- Tinnitus: Jazz guitarist Al Di Meola’s ‘hell’ • Comfort food is a myth • Expert: Don’t punish child for bed-wetting • Fetal imaging not for entertainment • See All
- True colors of food dyes unknown • Ahead of the pack: Beloved dog breeds • Wi-Fi connected U.S. airlines • Digital driver’s license • See All
- What's New
- Print your next meal • Dish’s ultra HD set-top box, 4K Joey • Tech for the elderly • Watch live TV wherever, whenever • See All
- Your Money
- ‘Sketch Guy’: Simple plan avoids mistakes • Action! Big flicks to bolster investors • Feasting on fast-casual restaurant stocks • Shop around for mortgage rates • See All
June 30, 2015—Rocky Mountain Foods recalled Free Range Snack brand’s Island Fruit and Nut Trail Mix and certain lots of bulk macadamia nuts, because the products might be contaminated with salmonella.
June 30, 2015—Nissan Motor recalled 2015 Murano vehicles that were manufactured from Dec. 4, 2014, through March 17, 2015. These vehicles have anti-lock braking system (ABS) actuators that might have contamination in the solenoid valves. This might affect the valves' ability to fully close or open, which could allow the hydraulic brake pressure to build up or completely drop.
June 30, 2015—Mercedes-Benz USA recalled certain 2015 vehicles, because oil might leak around the chain tensioner gasket area. Leaking oil could drip onto a hot engine surface, which would increase the risk of a fire. Additionally, the leaking oil could be a road hazard for other vehicles, which would increase the risk of a crash.
June 30, 2015—Volvo Cars of North America recalled 2016 Volvo XC90 vehicles that were manufactured from Jan. 27, 2015, through May 19, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the wiring harness for the front-seat side-impact air bag might have been routed incorrectly.
“Universities are doing little to contain costs.”
“State legislators and governors across the country continue to cut spending for higher education.”
These are two disconcerting facts…
- SNEAK PREVIEW OF 2016 CARS, PICKUPS, MINIVANS, SUVs, HYBRIDS & ELECTRICS: We’ll put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to knowing what will hit dealerships’ showroom floors in the near future. Our special section will give you the scoop on 2016 models and beyond.
- HOME-SECURITY SYSTEMS: Technological advancements in home-security systems give consumers more customization than ever before. We’ll uncover what’s new and reveal our Best Buys for outdoor motion-detecting lighting, security systems and video surveillance systems.
- FINANCIAL PLANNERS: Inconsistent regulations and oversight make choosing a financial planner difficult for some consumers. Experts say top advisers promise to put your best interests ahead of their profits. We’ll help to prepare you to choose the best financial planner for you by covering the basics and providing helpful tips.