Consumers aren’t any closer to understanding what exactly is in energy drinks.Read More
May 17, 2013—Viking River Cruises plans to expand to ocean and sea voyages in 2015.
May 10, 2013—Food and Drug Administration warned consumers not to consume Juices Inc. juice products or other beverages.
May 10, 2013—Three members of a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee are looking into the safety of an ingredient that’s used in muscle-building supplements.
Government could do a lot more to protect seniors.
How Doctors Are Courted By Drugmakers
The possible connection between cellphone-radiation emissions and health risks is worrisome—and seemingly ignored.
Smart meters are supposed to give you more control over your energy use, but experts doubt that you’ll ever see the touted savings.
- Car Smart
- Special editions signal change ahead for model • Mercedes-Benz covers your back • Shifting even more gears • Volkswagen Routan dropped • See All
- Consumer Alert
- Disney’s eye on you • Gatorade drops flame retardant • Plavix under legal fire • Dog treats might cause problems • See All
- Healthy Living
- Actress talks thyroid disease • Aspirin might cause eye problems • A patch to treat migraine headaches • Whole lot of confusion with whole grain • See All
- Polaroid tries retail • Amazon sees life for CDs • Delta marks up member dues • Feds want to free up Wi-Fi • See All
- What's New
- Visual help for calls • Trying to stay in tune • Keeping better track of your luggage • Wi-Fi that can fit into your pocket • See All
- Your Money
- Warner’s playbook: Smarter ways to give • New mortgage rules looming • New option on home-office deductions • Commercial real estate has a solid future • See All
May 23, 2013—Nourison recalled its I-Candi polyester shag rugs, because they fail to meet federal flammability standards and pose a fire hazard to consumers.
May 21, 2013—Lea Industries recalled its Lea bunk, loft and panel beds, because the side mattress-support rails can break, which poses a fall hazard.
May 20, 2013—Forest River recalled certain 2013–2014 Cargo Mate, Coachmen, Forest River, Prime Time and Shasta RV models that were manufactured from Feb. 13, 2013, through April 18, 2013.
May 17, 2013—Tropical Valley Foods recalled Next by Nature’s Dark Chocolate Bananas, because the product might contain milk or walnuts, which aren’t listed on the ingredient label.
Since 1961, Consumers Digest has devoted the time and effort to evaluate dozens of products in myriad categories to whittle down to the very best values that are on the market at various price points. Our editors also…
- SNEAK PREVIEW OF 2014 & 2015 CARS, PICKUPS, SUVs, MINIVANS & HYBRIDS: Before you head out to the dealership, you should be sure to check out our sneak preview of vehicles that will hit showroom floors later in 2013 and beyond. We’ll give you the inside scoop on industry trends.
- PET PRODUCTS: Are you overwhelmed by the choices that are in pet-store aisles? Our piece will calm your nerves and let you know what’s new on the scene for Fifi and Fido. We also will name our Best Buy selections for beds, carriers, crates and kennels, leashes and seat belts.
- MORTGAGE REFINANCE: With mortgage rates near all-time lows, 2013 might be your last chance to refinance a mortgage at a rate that’s below 4.0 percent for some time. How can you get the best deal and create the best leverage for yourself, rather than give the advantage to the lender? We’ll crunch the numbers for you.