Dedication to innovation dominates the 2017 lineup and beyond.Read More
Oct. 12, 2016—Amazon’s push into media on demand continues with the launch of Amazon Music Unlimited.
Oct. 11, 2016—Samsung’s troubled Galaxy Note7 is no more. The company announced that it would halt production of the smartphone, according to reports.
Oct. 4, 2016—Google’s product announcement left no doubt about what it believes to be the future of computing—voice control.
Sept. 29, 2016—Dunkin’ Donuts is ready to get into bottled coffee, and its partner in the venture is none other Coca-Cola.
Ride-sharing services claim to be more convenient than taxis are, but issues remain.
Many experts say e-cigs are less harmful than tobacco cigarettes are, but no independent research has studied the issue.
How Doctors Are Courted By Drugmakers
Don't rely on marketing claims that the facilities tout.
- Car Smart
- Move fast on RS3 • Expert: Yamaha cars by 2019 • The rules of the road • Who is in the driver’s seat? • See All
- Consumer Alert
- Oh, baby! Arsenic in rice • Beware of small grocers? • Fishing for the truth • Raised concerns about rays • See All
- Healthy Living
- Do artificial sweeteners de-liver? • Predicting heart attacks • Permanent birth control reassessed • Lackings of ‘Expedia’ for health care • See All
- Design in holograms • Grocery-store delivery wars • Craft beer going mass market • Fewer openings in foreclosed homes • See All
- What's New
- VR headsets still for techies • A blow dryer that reduces volume? • B-Dubs’ suds to go • Small option for big hearing gains • See All
- Your Money
- Reality-TV star goes with what he knows • Investing in gold • Spotting financial elder exploitation • Effects of rising credit-card debt • See All
Oct. 20, 2016—McCormick & Company recalled its 24-ounce McCormick Original Taco Seasoning Mix, because the product might contain milk that isn’t listed on the label. People who have an allergy or sensitivity to milk might have a serious or a life-threatening reaction when they use the product.
Oct. 20, 2016—Nissan Motor recalled 2017 Versa vehicles that were manufactured from Aug. 1, 2016, through Aug. 16, 2016.
Oct. 20, 2016—Hyundai Motor recalled 2015–2016 Sonata vehicles that were manufactured from May 28, 2014, through March 18, 2016, and Sonata Hybrid vehicles that were manufactured from Dec. 8, 2014, through Aug. 18, 2015, that have a sunroof.
Oct. 19, 2016—Husqvarna recalled certain Brute, Craftsman, Husqvarna, Jonsered, Murray, Poulan Pro and Yardworks walk-behind gasoline-powered lawnmowers that have a Briggs & Stratton 7.25-hp engine, because the operator-presence control bar might malfunction and cause the engine and blades to continue to operate when they should shut off, which poses a laceration hazard.
The phrase “pet parent” is rather new. Some attribute its origination to companies that make pet products, to tug at the heart strings and to loosen up wallets for increased purchase of their goods.
- 2017 AUTO BEST BUYS. If you’re in the market for a new set of wheels, we’ll help you to explore the range of the 2017 model year’s cars, SUVs, pickups, minivans and hybrids. Get behind the wheel with our four automotive experts to review performance and safety features.
- TAX-FILING TIPS FOR 2017. It never is too early to think about taxes, and we’ll help you with ways to save money this tax season. We’ll evaluate changes in tax law, loopholes and new deductions that might leave your pockets a bit heavier.
- CELLPHONES. Manufacturers are introducing smaller smartphones that reverse the trend of ever-larger screen sizes. We’ll tell you about the latest operating-systems capabilities and deliver Best Buy recommendations in smartphones, basic cellphones and cellphone accessories.