Nov. 26, 2014—Perhaps Sony’s PlayStation Vita hand-held video-game console wasn’t as game-changing as its advertisements implied.
Nov. 25, 2014—The guesswork that occurs at restaurants and in front of vending machines will get a little less confusing a year from now, when new Food and Drug Administration rules take effect that require caloric content to be listed on menus and menu boards.
Nov. 25, 2014—JetBlue customers, prepare to see red.
Nov. 24, 2014—It’s a safe bet that ultrahigh-definition TVs, which also are known as 4K TVs, will be among the most sought-after items during the 2014 holiday shopping season.
Ride-sharing services claim to be more convenient than taxis are, but issues remain.
How Doctors Are Courted By Drugmakers
The possible connection between cellphone-radiation emissions and health risks is worrisome—and seemingly ignored.
- Car Smart
- ‘Connected car’ on store shelves now • More engine sensors, more potential problems • Look for ‘glaring’ improvement at Ford • Need a rental car? Try Walgreens • See All
- Consumer Alert
- Electricity prices to ebb and flow • Airplane crowding is on the rise • ‘Just cancel my service, darn it!’ • Debt scammers target students • See All
- Healthy Living
- Champion triathlete: Make training a family affair • Fat shaming leads to weight gain • More access to health insurance • Frequent fliers face higher melanoma risk • See All
- Marble takes commitment • U.S. Gasoline Prices and Projections • Buses are back • Update: Mobile payments • See All
- What's New
- GE range oven tries out new drawer design • New toilet uses sensors to troubleshoot • Fewer small tablet computers • Dyson’s first robotic floor cleaner • See All
- Your Money
- Young actor learned difficult investing lesson • Measures to avoid elder exploitation • Lending a hand with student credit history • Tapping into cybersecurity • See All
Nov. 27, 2014—Flying Cow Creamery recalled its whole-milk yogurt because of a faulty time and temperature recording that took place during pasteurization.
Nov. 25, 2014—Natura Pet recalled certain lots of EVO dry food for cats and ferrets, because the products contain insufficient levels of vitamins.
Nov. 25, 2014—Mazda Motor recalled Mazda6 vehicles that were manufactured from Oct. 25, 2012, through Oct. 10, 2014.
Nov. 24, 2014—Evershing International Trading recalled Vinacafe Wake Up Weasel Instant Coffee mix 3‐in‐1, because the product might contain milk, which isn’t listed on the ingredient label.
“3D Mammography ‘significantly increases breast cancer detection.’”
“Breast Cancer Breakthrough? 3D Mammograms Offer Sharper Results.”
“3D Mammograms May Improve…
- FINANCIAL FORECAST. How much longer will interest rates stay the same? Where are the best opportunities to invest your money? We’ll answer these questions, examine factors that might perk up the slow-growing economy and help you to get your finances ready for 2015.
- TIRES. In the market for a new set of wheels? Our Best Buy selections for all-season car tires, touring car tires, performance car tires, all-season SUV/truck tires and performance SUV/truck tires will be revealed. We’ll report on tariffs that might make tires more expensive in the next 2 years and companies that continue to make progress on ultralight rolling resistance.
- TESTOSTERONE THERAPY. Experts say clinics and doctors are overprescribing testosterone therapy and that only a small percentage of men benefit from such treatment. We’ll uncover the cases that might benefit from testosterone therapy and cases in which you might want a second opinion.