Changes in supply and pricing of apartments and condominiums could make renting or buying a challenge if you want a newer unit.Read More
Cellphone-service providers dangled a familiar term to describe their 2017 data plans. Consumers should proceed with caution.Read More
June 21, 2017—If you’re interested in an Apple smartphone, then Virgin Mobile USA has a deal for you. Google Android users need not apply.
June 16, 2017—Amazon’s proposed purchase of Whole Foods Market won’t affect consumers much for now, one expert tells Consumers Digest. Eventually, however, developments will be “substantial.”
June 13, 2017—Food and Drug Administration approved a generic version of a medication that has proved to be effective—and extraordinarily costly—in the prevention of HIV-1.
May 3, 2017—When Federal Communications Commission released a proposal to rescind rules that ensure net neutrality, it did so under the guise of “restoring internet freedom.” In fact, it would do the opposite, three experts tell Consumers Digest.
Ride-sharing services claim to be more convenient than taxis are, but issues remain.
Many experts say e-cigs are less harmful than tobacco cigarettes are, but no independent research has studied the issue.
How Doctors Are Courted By Drugmakers
Don't rely on marketing claims that the facilities tout.
- Car Smart
- Volvo concierge service • Motorcycle helmet laws: When the novelty wears off • Your vehicle can be your credit card • Jaguar files facial-, gait-recognition patent • See All
- Consumer Alert
- “Toddler milk” needs more regulation • Tech upgrades make us careless • “Replica wheels” pose serious risk • Beware of IPO frauds • See All
- Healthy Living
- Food study: Now red means go, green means stop • Food stamps & the 21st century • Experts dubious about copper-bedding claims • After you have ‘just one more’ • See All
- Craft sodas: All fizz or ready to pop? • Bidets: A flash in the can, or potty perfection? • Trade deals tied to food prices • More robots in retail • See All
- What's New
- MacBook Air: A touching story • Nokia back from the dead? • New helmet planned for bike-share • Smartphone features stagnate in 2017 • See All
- Your Money
- Former NBA pro Mark Blount breaks down franchising • Buying alcohol • Selling your home through social media • ATM fees reach another record • See All
June 22, 2017—BMW of North America recalled 2017–2018 M760Li xDrive vehicles.
June 22, 2017—Newmar recalled 2012–2015 Essex and King Aire motor homes that were built on a Spartan Motors chassis.
June 21, 2017—Britax Child Safety recalled the chest clips that are on certain B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Travel Systems, B-Safe 35 Elite, B-Safe 35 Elite Travel Systems and BOB B-Safe rear-facing infant child-safety seats, because the center tab that’s on the chest clip (marked “ABS”) might break. A broken tab might pose a choking hazard to a child.
June 20, 2017—House of Thaller recalled 10-ounce Fresh Foods Market, Lantana and Marketside hummus with pine-nut topping, because it might be contaminated with the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes, which can cause serious and sometimes-fatal infections in people who have a weakened immune system.
In 2014, the results of a study that was funded by National Aeronautics and Space Administration revealed that astronauts who flew to and carried out missions on the International Space Station slept less during the time…
- AUTO SNEAK PREVIEW. Let us do the steering, as we preview what you’ll find soon on dealership showroom floors. We’ll give you the latest information about coupes, electrics, hatchbacks, hybrids, sedans and SUVs that will debut for the 2018 model year and beyond.
- PET PRODUCTS. Discover the newest trends and innovations in products for your dog or cat. We also will deliver Best Buy recommendations for pet carriers, beds, crates and kennels, leashes and seat belts.
- BEST UNDERVALUED STOCKS. We’ll scour the charts to discover hidden gems that are waiting in the stock market to be plucked by savvy investors. Find out what companies’ stocks will be market success stories—and, potentially, yours, too.