More features than ever before come at a price.Read More
Automakers are committed to weight reduction.Read More
There's little to no benefit in treating moderate depression.Read More
Sept. 1, 2015—If you ever had a hankering for a night-time Egg McMuffin, you only have to wait until next month to have one.
Sept. 1, 2015—It’s easy to see the changes that Google made to the third-generation Nest smart thermostat.
Aug. 28, 2015—With the International Motor Show in Frankfurt, Germany, weeks away, automaker Daimler has taken the wraps off one model that it expects to debut at the show.
Aug. 27, 2015—Prognostications for the next generation of Apple’s smartphone are flying ahead of the company’s product announcement Sept. 9, 2015.
Ride-sharing services claim to be more convenient than taxis are, but issues remain.
Many experts say e-cigs are less harmful than tobacco cigarettes are, but no independent research has studied the issue.
How Doctors Are Courted By Drugmakers
Don't rely on marketing claims that the facilities tout.
- Car Smart
- Do ATVs belong on the road? • Distraction-blocking apps • Volvo offers lifetime parts & labor warranty • Used electric cars • See All
- Consumer Alert
- Beware of claims by charter schools • Technology increases pressure to tip • Exchange dollars: A losing game • Dangers of detergent pods • See All
- Healthy Living
- How Megan Park fights rheumatoid arthritis • White House: Fewer meat antibiotics • Cancer-care test’s limits • For a better workout, lightly exercise your mind • See All
- Dangerous chemicals in school supplies • New computer energy standards • Energy standards for ovens will reduce costs, emissions • Near field commuication standards secure data • See All
- What's New
- Riding-lawnmower innovation • Juiced batteries? • The new breed of wireless charger • Headphones compensate for hearing loss • See All
- Your Money
- Author: Diversification pays off in career, life • Chip cards have holes • Beverage stocks with fizz • Hotline helps seniors report financial abuse • See All
Sept. 1, 2015—MiWorld Accessories recalled its USB charger for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S, because the product can overheat while in use, which poses a fire hazard.
Aug. 28, 2015—Huffy recalled 2014 TR 745 and TR-S 740 bicycles that have front disc brakes, because an open quick-release lever on the bicycle’s front wheel hub can come into contact with the front disc-brake assembly, which would cause the front wheel to come to a sudden stop or separate from the bicycle.
Aug. 27, 2015—Sam Mills recalled its Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, because the product might contain dairy, which isn’t listed on the ingredient label. Consumers who are allergic to dairy might have a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction when they consume this product.
Aug. 27, 2015—General Mills recalled frozen Cascadian Farm Cut Green Beans, because the product might be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in individuals who have weakened immune systems.
In his 2010 best-seller, “The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine,” Michael Lewis examined the dysfunction that led to the housing and credit debacle of the 2000s. Lewis spoke to numerous people who saw…
- 2016 AUTO BEST BUYS. We’ll help you to navigate the landscape of the 2016 model year’s cars, pickups, minivans, SUVs and hybrids. Our team of six veteran automotive experts will shift into high gear to review performance, styling and safety features.
- TRAVEL TO CUBA. Travel to Cuba from the United States has become easier, thanks to the start of normalized relations between the two countries. However, a vacation in Cuba might not be a day at the beach. We’ll let you know what to expect if you plan a trip.
- SMARTPHONES. Smartphones are becoming not only mobile wallets but also focal points for controlling connected products in your home. We’ll reveal our Best Buy selections for Apple iOS and Google Android smartphones as well as basic cellphones.