Dedication to innovation dominates the 2017 lineup and beyond.Read More
Sept. 22, 2016—Food and Drug Administration approved the first medication for patients who have Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
Sept. 7, 2016—Apple announced two new iPhones and a new Apple Watch. Believe it or not, that wasn’t all of the consumer-electronics news that was announced.
Sept. 7, 2016—Apple’s latest product releases continue the company’s recent trend of making small but steady improvements to its devices. The biggest surprise, perhaps, was the unveiling of new wireless in-ear headphones.
Sept. 6, 2016—Department of Energy (DOE) finally proposed a new minimum-efficiency standard for gas furnaces, its first since 1992, and our prediction about the shape of the standard proved to be on the mark.
Ride-sharing services claim to be more convenient than taxis are, but issues remain.
Many experts say e-cigs are less harmful than tobacco cigarettes are, but no independent research has studied the issue.
How Doctors Are Courted By Drugmakers
Don't rely on marketing claims that the facilities tout.
- Car Smart
- Move fast on RS3 • Expert: Yamaha cars by 2019 • The rules of the road • Who is in the driver’s seat? • See All
- Consumer Alert
- Oh, baby! Arsenic in rice • Beware of small grocers? • Fishing for the truth • Raised concerns about rays • See All
- Healthy Living
- Do artificial sweeteners de-liver? • Predicting heart attacks • Permanent birth control reassessed • Lackings of ‘Expedia’ for health care • See All
- Design in holograms • Grocery-store delivery wars • Craft beer going mass market • Fewer openings in foreclosed homes • See All
- What's New
- VR headsets still for techies • A blow dryer that reduces volume? • B-Dubs’ suds to go • Small option for big hearing gains • See All
- Your Money
- Reality-TV star goes with what he knows • Investing in gold • Spotting financial elder exploitation • Effects of rising credit-card debt • See All
Sept. 27, 2016—Volkswagen Group recalled 2017 Audi Q7 vehicles that were manufactured from Aug. 30, 2015, through July 10, 2016.
Sept. 26, 2016—Volkswagen Group recalled 2015–2017 Audi Q3 vehicles; cabriolet, sedan and e-tron versions of the 2016 A3; 2016 TT roadsters; 2016–2017 TT coupes; and 2017 A4 and Q7 vehicles.
Sept. 26, 2016—General Motors recalled 2016 Cadillac CT6 vehicles that were manufactured from July 21, 2016, through July 22, 2016.
Sept. 22, 2016—Goodyear Tire & Rubber recalled G399A LHS tires in size 295/75R22.5 LRG that were manufactured from Jan. 24, 2016, through May 28, 2016.
The phrase “pet parent” is rather new. Some attribute its origination to companies that make pet products, to tug at the heart strings and to loosen up wallets for increased purchase of their goods.
- 2017 AUTO BEST BUYS. If you’re in the market for a new set of wheels, we’ll help you to explore the range of the 2017 model year’s cars, SUVs, pickups, minivans and hybrids. Get behind the wheel with our four automotive experts to review performance and safety features.
- TAX-FILING TIPS FOR 2017. It never is too early to think about taxes, and we’ll help you with ways to save money this tax season. We’ll evaluate changes in tax law, loopholes and new deductions that might leave your pockets a bit heavier.
- CELLPHONES. Manufacturers are introducing smaller smartphones that reverse the trend of ever-larger screen sizes. We’ll tell you about the latest operating-systems capabilities and deliver Best Buy recommendations in smartphones, basic cellphones and cellphone accessories.