Increasing your brain-fitness score doesn’t do much beyond improving your game-playing ability.Read More
Innovations & Healthy Choices: Contact Grills, Deep Fryers, Kitchen Scales, Rice Cookers & Slow Cookers
Today’s technology leads to more-healthful eating.Read More
Jan. 29, 2015—Federal Trade Commission charged that the defendants falsely claimed that the supplement could cause consumers to lose up to 17 pounds and 16 percent of their body fat in 12 weeks without diet or exercise—a claim that supposedly was backed by clinical study.
Jan. 28, 2015—Consumers who are interested in the Apple Watch won’t have to wait much longer: Apple CEO Tim Cook says the smartwatch will be available in April 2015.
Jan. 28, 2015—Gogo is the largest provider of in-flight Wi-Fi connectivity, and the company isn’t content to wait around and let the competition catch up.
Jan. 28, 2015—Food and Drug Administration approved the first generic version of esomprazole, which is a 20- or 40-mg capsule that's used by patients who have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Ride-sharing services claim to be more convenient than taxis are, but issues remain.
How Doctors Are Courted By Drugmakers
The possible connection between cellphone-radiation emissions and health risks is worrisome—and seemingly ignored.
Many experts say e-cigs are less harmful than tobacco cigarettes are, but no independent research has studied the issue.
- Car Smart
- Eye-motion sensing to gauge distraction • Live TV could come to vehicles by 2016 • Expect fewer concept cars at auto shows • Mercedes unveils a new naming system • See All
- Consumer Alert
- Bottled water at high temps • Kimmel tops list of risky celebrity searches • Expert: Safely recycle old electronics • Be wary of fake high-school diploma programs • See All
- Healthy Living
- Study negates bras’ role in breast cancer • Venom: A cure for cancer? • Skip breakfast to diet? Think twice • Study finds pediatricians overprescribe antibiotics • See All
- Twitter to test new buy button • Panoramic screens and the movie-theater experience • Even Hotels tests wrist wallet • ‘Hey, your air filter has to be changed!’ • See All
- What's New
- Smart collar taps into your pet’s biometrics • TiVo gets supersized • USB Type-C about to arrive • More UHD TVs coming • See All
- Your Money
- Doreen Taylor’s self-employed success • Wal-Mart GoBank checking eliminates overdraft • ATM fees continue to rise • Changes emerging in investments • See All
Jan. 28, 2015—Nissan Motor recalled certain 2013–2014 Infiniti and Nissan vehicles, because the hood-release cable assembly might have been installed incorrectly, which would prevent the latching claw from engaging fully.
Jan. 28, 2015—Nissan Motor recalled 2008–2013 Nissan Rogue vehicles that were manufactured from March 7, 2007, through Nov. 26, 2013, and 2014 Nissan Rogue Select vehicles that were manufactured from Sept. 23, 2013, through July 2, 2014.
Jan. 27, 2015—Polaris recalled 2015 Slingshot motorcycles that were manufactured from Aug. 26, 2014, through Dec. 16, 2014, and 2015 Slingshot SL motorcycles that were manufactured from Aug. 18, 2014, to Dec. 15, 2014.
Jan. 27, 2015—Volkswagen recalled 2011–2012 Audi Q7, S4 and S5 vehicles, 2012 Audi A6 and Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid vehicles, and 2012–2013 Audi A7 vehicles.
We at Consumers Digest live to put the claims of product manufacturers and service providers to the test. Mind you, we won’t hesitate to give such companies their due when we find proof to support their claims. The…
- CELLPHONE-SERVICE PROVIDERS: New purchasing-payment options, such as leasing or paying in installments for your cellphone, are available. Our article will look into the practices that cellphone-service providers are implementing to change how carriers provide access to data. We’ll let you know what’s best for consumers.
- CHILD-CARE WEBSITES: Many websites claim to assist you in selecting a child-care provider and seek to make the process simpler and less daunting. We’ll look into these service providers, in particular the quality of background checks for babysitters and nannies, and help you to make the best decision for your family.
- MATTRESSES: When it comes to investing in a good night’s sleep, consumers have more mattress choices than ever before. Specialty mattresses feature new types of cushioning, and hybrid mattresses have emerged. Our Best Buys for innerspring and specialty mattresses will be announced.