Mobile wallets and peer-to-peer systems are secure.Read More
July 15, 2016—Midlevel-marketing company Herbalife will be allowed to remain in business after settling charges by Federal Trade Commission that it deceived consumers and provided an unfair compensation structure.
July 15, 2016—Ahead of the holiday-shopping season, Nintendo is looking to make a splash … with parents.
July 13, 2016—Just as it did a month ago with the Model S, Tesla reduced the price of the Model X SUV while it curtailed the range.
July 8, 2016—Department of Transportation tentatively awarded eight U.S. airlines with flights to Cuba’s capital of Havana, beginning as soon as fall 2016.
Ride-sharing services claim to be more convenient than taxis are, but issues remain.
Many experts say e-cigs are less harmful than tobacco cigarettes are, but no independent research has studied the issue.
How Doctors Are Courted By Drugmakers
Don't rely on marketing claims that the facilities tout.
- Car Smart
- Move fast on RS3 • Expert: Yamaha cars by 2019 • The rules of the road • Who is in the driver’s seat? • See All
- Consumer Alert
- Oh, baby! Arsenic in rice • Beware of small grocers? • Fishing for the truth • Raised concerns about rays • See All
- Healthy Living
- Do artificial sweeteners de-liver? • Predicting heart attacks • Permanent birth control reassessed • Lackings of ‘Expedia’ for health care • See All
- Design in holograms • Grocery-store delivery wars • Craft beer going mass market • Fewer openings in foreclosed homes • See All
- What's New
- VR headsets still for techies • A blow dryer that reduces volume? • B-Dubs’ suds to go • Small option for big hearing gains • See All
- Your Money
- Reality-TV star goes with what he knows • Investing in gold • Spotting financial elder exploitation • Effects of rising credit-card debt • See All
July 22, 2016—Nu Skin recalled its Nu Skin Epoch mist diffusers, because mold might grow on the product, which poses a health risk to people who have compromised immune systems, damaged lungs or a mold allergy.
July 22, 2016—Lorex Technology recalled its Care ‘N’ Share video baby monitors, because the batteries that are in the affected devices might overheat, swell and expand, which might cause the battery cover to open or come off. This exposes the hot batteries, which poses a burn hazard.
July 22, 2016—Thor Motor Coach recalled certain 2014–2016 Tuscany motor homes that were manufactured from Feb. 28, 2013, through Aug. 31, 2015.
Sway bar might detach from axle in certain 2016 Tuscany XTE, Palazzo, 2016-2017 Venetian motor homes
July 22, 2016—Thor Motor Coach recalled certain 2016 Tuscany XTE and Palazzo and 2016–2017 Venetian motor homes that were manufactured from Sept. 9, 2015, through Jan. 12, 2016.
I’ve said it before: It’s a privilege to serve consumers by being part of the Consumers Digest team. I relish the opportunity that emerges every day to dedicate my efforts to providing guidance and clarity…
- HOME-HEATING EQUIPMENT: We’ll look ahead to the cold-weather season by exploring what’s changed in home-heating equipment during the past 2 years. We’ll cover hot topics, such as whole-house connectivity and energy-efficiency features, among furnaces, boilers, heat pumps and indoor fireplaces.
- DANGEROUS PET TOYS: Pet owners consider a number of factors when they care for their pets, such as having a proper diet and good veterinary care. However, danger can loom for families and their beloved animals—toxic toys. We’ll fill you in on the dangers and alternative markets for pet toys.
- AIR TRAVEL: Does it seem as though no end is in sight to the frustration of air travel? Are you caught in the turbulence of a market that continues to become more expensive? We’ll address those issues along with the dwindling number of major airlines in our look at the future of air travel.