Technological advances deliver more realistic sound.Read More
Nov. 21, 2014—The heat is on one of the world’s largest providers of air bags for automakers, and millions of consumers will be left standing in the cold as a result.
Nov. 21, 2014—The Amazon Fire TV Stick is such a hot item that interested buyers won’t be able to get their hands on one until mid-January 2015 at the earliest, Amazon says.
Nov. 21, 2014—The 2015 S550 Plug-In Hybrid sedan was unveiled Nov. 20, 2014, at the Los Angeles Auto Show, and it’s powered by a V6 twin-turbocharged engine that generates an estimated 436 hp.
Nov. 21, 2014—A federal court temporarily shut a pair of telemarking operations that allegedly swindled consumers out of at least $120 million by deceptively marketing computer software and tech support services.
Ride-sharing services claim to be more convenient than taxis are, but issues remain.
How Doctors Are Courted By Drugmakers
The possible connection between cellphone-radiation emissions and health risks is worrisome—and seemingly ignored.
- Car Smart
- ‘Connected car’ on store shelves now • More engine sensors, more potential problems • Look for ‘glaring’ improvement at Ford • Need a rental car? Try Walgreens • See All
- Consumer Alert
- Electricity prices to ebb and flow • Airplane crowding is on the rise • ‘Just cancel my service, darn it!’ • Debt scammers target students • See All
- Healthy Living
- Champion triathlete: Make training a family affair • Fat shaming leads to weight gain • More access to health insurance • Frequent fliers face higher melanoma risk • See All
- Marble takes commitment • U.S. Gasoline Prices and Projections • Buses are back • Update: Mobile payments • See All
- What's New
- GE range oven tries out new drawer design • New toilet uses sensors to troubleshoot • Fewer small tablet computers • Dyson’s first robotic floor cleaner • See All
- Your Money
- Young actor learned difficult investing lesson • Measures to avoid elder exploitation • Lending a hand with student credit history • Tapping into cybersecurity • See All
Nov. 20, 2014—Bob-Cat recalled certain zero-turn riding lawn mowers because the steering control arm component can break, which could cause the driver to lose control and crash.
Nov. 20, 2014—Graco Children’s Products recalled 11 models of strollers because the folding hinge on the sides of the strollers can pinch a child’s finger, which poses an amputation or laceration hazard.
Nov. 19, 2014—Volkswagen Group of America recalled certain 2011–2013 model-year Jetta vehicles and 2012–2013 model-year Beetle vehicles because the durability of the rear trailing arms might be reduced.
Nov. 19, 2014—Black Diamond Equipment recalled Whippet ski poles because the stainless steel pick that’s in the handgrip can break and fail to slow or stop users from sliding down a slope, which poses an injury risk.
“3D Mammography ‘significantly increases breast cancer detection.’”
“Breast Cancer Breakthrough? 3D Mammograms Offer Sharper Results.”
“3D Mammograms May Improve…
- FINANCIAL FORECAST. How much longer will interest rates stay the same? Where are the best opportunities to invest your money? We’ll answer these questions, examine factors that might perk up the slow-growing economy and help you to get your finances ready for 2015.
- TIRES. In the market for a new set of wheels? Our Best Buy selections for all-season car tires, touring car tires, performance car tires, all-season SUV/truck tires and performance SUV/truck tires will be revealed. We’ll report on tariffs that might make tires more expensive in the next 2 years and companies that continue to make progress on ultralight rolling resistance.
- TESTOSTERONE THERAPY. Experts say clinics and doctors are overprescribing testosterone therapy and that only a small percentage of men benefit from such treatment. We’ll uncover the cases that might benefit from testosterone therapy and cases in which you might want a second opinion.