Jan. 5, 2017—Toshiba expanded its previous recall of Panasonic lithium-ion battery packs in March 30, 2016, to include battery packs that were sold from June 2011 through November 2016. The battery packs were installed in 41 models of Toshiba Satellite notebooks that include the 39 models of Portege, Satellite and Tecra models that were involved in the March 2016 recall. The affected battery packs can overheat, which poses burn and fire hazards.
Oct. 5, 2016—Office Depot recalled its Winsley chairs, because they can tip over when an individual leans back.
Sept. 2, 2016—Samsung recalled its Galaxy Note7 smartphone, because the battery might catch fire, which poses burn and fire hazards.
March 30, 2016—Toshiba recalled about 91,000 Panasonic lithium-ion battery packs that were installed in 39 models of Portege, Satellite and Tecra notebook computers, because the notebook computers might overheat, which poses burn and fire hazards.
March 1, 2016—Ambient Weather recalled 57,000 weather radios, because they can overheat when they’re plugged into an AC power outlet, which poses a fire hazard.
Feb. 18, 2016—Apple recalled its travel adapter kits and plugs, because the two-prong wall-plug adapters can break and expose the metal portion of the adapter, which poses an electrical shock hazard.
Feb. 2, 2016—Microsoft recalled AC power cords that were sold with Microsoft Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 3 tablet computers, because the power cords can overheat, which poses a fire and shock hazard to consumers. The recalled power cords don’t have a 1/8-inch power sleeve on the end that connects to the power supply.
Nov. 12, 2015—PNY Technologies recalled its Portable Lithium Polymer Battery Packs, because the batteries can overheat and vent flames, which pose fire and burn hazards to consumers.
Sept. 1, 2015—MiWorld Accessories recalled its USB charger for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S, because the product can overheat while in use, which poses a fire hazard.
June 4, 2015—Apple recalled all Beats Pill XL wireless speakers, because the battery can overheat, which poses a fire hazard
Dec. 10, 2014—Lenovo recalled its LS-15 alternating-current (AC) power cord, because the product can overheat, which poses a fire and burn hazard to consumers.
Dec. 2, 2014—Goal Zero recalled its Sherpa 50 and Sherpa 120 rechargeable battery packs, because the product can overcharge, overheat, bulge and melt the battery pack’s enclosure, which poses a fire hazard and risk of property damage.
Nov. 19, 2014—Olympus Imaging America recalled DS-5500 digital audio recorders because they can overheat while they’re being charged, which poses a burn hazard to consumers and property.
Nov. 3, 2014—Tectron International recalled its USB charging cable, because it can overheat while it’s in use, which poses a fire hazard.
Oct. 22, 2014—Milestone AV Technologies recalled Sanus Simplicity’s wall mount for flat-screen TVs, because the nut that secures the main arm assembly can loosen, which would cause the TV to become detached from the arm assembly and pose an impact hazard.
Sept. 4, 2014—AmTran Video recalled its 42-inch JVC Emerald Series Full HD 1080P LED flat-panel TV, because the neck of the stand can crack and cause the TV to tip over, which poses a risk of injury to consumers.
Aug. 26, 2014—Hewlett-Packard recalled its LS-15 AC power cord for notebook computers, because the product can overheat, which poses fire and burn hazards.
Aug. 7, 2014—Vizio recalled its E-Series 39- and 42-inch TVs, because the stand doesn’t provide enough support, which can cause the TV to tip over unexpectedly and pose an injury hazard.
July 17, 2014—Popkiller recalled certain cellphone accessories, because the improperly mounted plug blades and inadequate electronic circuitry pose fire and electrical shock hazards to consumers.
July 10, 2014—Lifeguard Press recalled its charging kit, because the wall charger can overheat and emit smoke and sparks, which poses fire and burn hazards to consumers.